Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Perfect Pico De Gallo

This is my "It's about freaking time" recipe.  Since I have moved to Santa Clarita, I have had an addiction to Iguana's Pico De Gallo.  It has the right about of tomatoes, onions and my favorite part about their salsa is that i am pretty sure it doesn't have jalapeno. PERFECTION! All in a bite. Sad to say, at the beginning of this year we moved down the hill from this amazing restaurant and unfortunately it is just far enough away to make it too far for a quick dinner outing. So one night...deciding I needed to satisfy my craving ,but was way too lazy to jump in the car and go to iguanas i made it mission to recreate this fantastic pica de gallo.  For the next 4 months the urge to figure out the Pico de Gallo puzzle over took me.  Constantly changing the proportions of the ingredients, adding new ingredients and taking out others.. i couldn't figure it out.  Nothing..... how could a recipe involving four ingredients be sooo hard to recreate...and that is when a light bulb went off.... 6 months, a dozen heads of cilantro, over 4 dozen tomatoes and a hand full of onions later....I figured it out!!!! I was using the wrong ingredients....

The Perfect Pico De Gallo

5 roma tomatoes
1.5 large chopped handfulls of cilantro
1/2 diced onion
1 juice of a lemon (the secret)
1 tsp Santa Maria Salt
1tsp Chili Powder
1 dash of pepper

Now this recipes is my favorite kind. There is no order to mix the ingredients just chop and mix and Viola.  Actually wait a sec on the Viola put it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes then EAT UP!!! It is healthy, raw, low fat, gluten free, all those fun eating trends going on right now. This is just plain REAL food.  So eat up and enjoy your night. Until next time....Shut up and eat!

1 comment:

  1. nice blog checkout my latest blog on

    http://www.togetherfornature.blogspot.com

    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete