Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas in SLO Continued...

Dessert, dessert, Oh dessert. How I Love thee. After our massive sandwiches my boo (Zack) and I ran over  to my favorite cookie place Cowboy Cookie. When Zack and I were in college this place was a little hole in the wall off the main street...Now returning after three years...Cowboy Cookie has taken the spotlight In Downtown SLO with a very classy store!! When I walked in i was so overwhelmed with Joy to see all my favorites that i ordered 5 ginormous cookies then turned to my bug and asked him "what are you ordering?"  His mouth literally dropped as he has never seen me go so crazy over a dessert.  It is truly the  size and perfect consistency of the cookie that makes it soooo drool worthy.  Don't be fooled these cookies aren't dainty or bite size and are not for the amateur cookie eater...i mean come on.... they were made for COWBOYS for goodness sake. These are flavor filled beasts that could possibly eat you if you don't take the first bite.  I have made a couple attempts trying to recreate this amazing cookie but so far I believe my aunt's and my collaboration of the snicker doodle is pretty damn close to Cowboy Cookie Status. So get ready....get set...and lets get cookie baking...


Snicker Doodles Cowboy Style


1 ½ cup sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
 2 ¾ cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 400
Mix butter, white sugar, and eggs together. Then mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Then mix the two mixtures together.
Roll dough into round balls and dip into sugar cinnamon mixture
Bake for 8-10 min

No comments:

Post a Comment